Yamaha Complete Successful One-Day Test in Jerez
Following a hot and challenging race weekend in Jerez Yamaha Factory Racing remained at the circuit to complete another hot day of riding today. Riders Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo spent the day continuing to evaluate the potential of the 2013 chassis whilst also working to improve tyre performance and grip life in the hot conditions. Lorenzo, who took his third consecutive podium of the year yesterday finished the test as the third fastest rider with a 1m 38.958s lap. Teammate Rossi, who finished fourth yesterday, was not far behind in fifth with a 1m 39.397s lap.
Jorge Lorenzo, 3rd, Time - 1'38.958
?It?s been a long day, it was not easy to finish the day on the bike because after three days full of stress of competition the only thing you want is to rest. I think the work was worth it because we improved some things. We tried many starts and I had get again the same feeling I had last year. We improved the start, which is important for the next few races. I think we also improved the bike and I think we decided the new chassis so it has been a positive day.?
Valentino Rossi, 5th, Time 1'39.397
?At the end it has been a good test. It was important because we found some improvements in some points of view, small details but a good way to continue. It was important to try to understand the new chassis. We made a lot of comparisons between the two but at the end more or less the performance is very similar. In some places it?s better and some places it?s worse. We will decide next week what we will use in Le Mans but I think unfortunately it doesn't make a big step. We will see, we are ready for le Man, now we take a rest and we will see next week.?
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 38.824s (Lap 27/63)
2. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 38.916s (30/67)
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 38.958s (30/81)
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 38.979s (4/56)
5. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 39.397s (37/61)
6. Alvaro Bautista ESP Go Fun Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 39.457s (31/50)
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 39.524s (15/47)
8. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 39.643s (21/35)
9. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 39.894s (22/71)
10. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 40.009s (42/50)
11. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Blusens (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 40.197s (3/31)
12. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Avintia Blusens (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 1m 40.730s (10/51)
13. Claudio Corti ITA NGM Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 1m 40.958s (50/58)
14. Danilo Petrucci ITA Came IodaRacing Project (Suter-BMW CRT)* 1m 41.029s (52/59)
15. Michael Laverty GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM-ART CRT)* 1m 41.045s (58/58)
16. Bryan Staring AUS Go Fun Honda Gresini (FTR-Honda CRT)* 1m 41.181s (18/46)
17. Colin Edwards USA NGM Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 1m 41.591s (14/43)
18. Yonny Hernandez COL Paul Bird Motorsport (ART CRT) 1m 41.763s (14/62)
19. Lukas Pesek CZE Came IodaRacing Project (Suter-BMW CRT)* 1m 43.017s (15/20)
* Control ECU.